Have you ever heard someone say "as long as it's healthy" but knew they really meant...

"I didn't get what I wanted so it better at least be a healthy kid." ???
I heard a girl in the Dr office go on and on about how she knew it was a girl and had her mother paint a room pink blahblahblah... Then when she came out she says "ugh its a boy, Whatever as long as its healthy." Then she rolls her eyes! I felt so bad for the guy she was with! haha

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• We all want healthy babies but I think I know what you mean that they are trying to do the PC thing so they dont' sound disappointed.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Yes Iv heard people say this and act like that. I dont know why they would even say that knowing how bad some people think of them for those statements.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:12 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• my mom and my aunt used to be OBGYN nurses and they said that they'd seen woman burst into screaming crying fits in the delivery room when they didn't get the sex they wanted.
    My SIL was very disappointed when my first niece was born. She was certain it was a boy, had certain paperwork all ready and the whole bit.
    Think that's one reason behind some of the problems she's had with me. when niece was born she had this 'I don't care' attitude since she wanted a son, but I'd wanted a niece SO bad for so long, and was ecstatic when it was a girl.
    I guess people feel the way they feel.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• wow ..
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 3:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• She'll realize it dont matter once she sees that baby. stuck up..damn lol
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 3:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Oh yea. I heard my sil say this over and over agin until they found out they were having a boy. Now she says, we both wanted a boy, and that's what we are having!!! IMO, no harm in wishing for a certain sex. I wanted a girl and dh wanted a boy for our first, we had a boy, and I love that we had him first... He protects his little sister! :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• wow thats all I can say.. I was wishing my 2nd child was a girl but lol not so much And I never felt that way about it.. Hes a blessing just like his brother ( there's always # 3 lol and even if It would be another boy I wouldnt love him no less )
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• wow that girl sounds like a brat lol but just so you know some moms actually mean it when they say "as long as its healthy" lol i had high risk prengnacys with both my kids, people always asked me what i was having and if i was happy with the sex, and i always replied as long as its healthy because thats all i really do care about, i have had 2 miscarriages before my first daughter and i lost a twin during my current pregnacy. So before you slam all moms/dads who say this, you might want to know a little more info lol
    Sarahg83619

Answer by Sarahg83619 at 7:42 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• When we walked out all we could say was "wow". I too just want healthy babies. I have 1 boy and would not be mad to end up with 3 more.
    I just mean that I have seen so many people say it in such a snotty way ONLY after finding out the baby is NOT the sex that they really wanted. Thanks girls for all the answers!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2011