Breast feeding question

If I skip two feedings...which I may because I'll be at school is that enough to become engorged??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep it is. You will probably leak alot and if youre in school you can ask for some space so you can pump. My dd was in school when she had her son and they allowed her some time and an area to pump.

Answer by gemgem at 2:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I skipped ONE feeding and within 45 mintues I was sprinting from the wal mart baby section with a wet t shirt!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Were your breasts gigantic and was it painful, or were you just leaking?
    Anonymous

• o god yes
    lil_ferfer

Answer by lil_ferfer at 2:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I get engorged about feeding time, if the boys sleep an extra 10 minutes, I am looking over their crib to decide if I should pump or if they will wake soon to eat. Can you pump in between classes or at break?
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 2:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• It depends on how long you have been breastfeeding. Up until six months you get a painful twang in your breast before you leak, and after you leak with out knowing it-- at a usual feeding time or if another baby is crying.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 2:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• feed or pump before you go to school and take a pump and storage containers and a cooler with you to school-nothing huge-just take a second back other than your backpack with all your pumping needs in it. Pump every break you have (not too often-but enough to get the job done). This will help prevent leaks and engorgement.
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Everyone is different, but if it were me, I would be in serious pain and leaking like crazy. If you want to keep up your supply, you're going to have to pump as often as the baby would normally nurse. Can you take breaks at school to pump?
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• yes i skip one feeding and become engored but not to bad just pump when you come home
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• That all depends on you. In the beginning, they'd get full and start to leak, but only hurt when I moved a certain way or tried to hold something (like Baby) against myself--ouch! Now, they pretty much fill on demand, so it might not be a problem...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2008