Help with starting solids?

He is 6 months old
We normally try to get him to eat solids twice a day
We have been following some guidelines after researching online
my question is am i supposed to give him cereal with every meal?
like carrots+cereal etc? (when i do this i add the watre from steaming to make it runnier)

Also what should his solids feeding schedule be? and how much should he be eating?

I would ask my pedi but honestly I would get better information from my son himself

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With my son, who is now 16 months old, when I started feeding him solids regularly, I would only mix the cereal with 1/2 serving of fruit for breakfast in the morning. For snacks I would nurse, until I officially quit nursing. Then for lunch, I did a 1/2 serving of fruit and 1/2 serving of veggie. Dinner, rest of veggie mixed with a meat.
    nykkybryches

Answer by nykkybryches at 5:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• usually i never really mixed cereal with any of the other foods, unless I wanted a little thicker food. I usually just switched between the two and made sure they got at least one of each, each day.
    mommy2amari

Answer by mommy2amari at 3:38 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Only add the cereal when thickening milk. It can get too thick if you add it to baby food. Basically you just add cereal to the rotation of baby food.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 3:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Thank you!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Apr. 12, 2011