Discussion #2 in Business class

Major events in our country and around the world tend to have economic advantages for some segments of society and disadvantages for others. Determining who benefits can be tough for negative events, but it’s especially important in order to prevent the unscrupulous from capitalizing on them. Consider the following events and trends, and determine possible winners and losers from an economic standpoint:

a. The Hurricane Katrina
b. The influx of illegal immigrants in the U.S.
c. The 30% U.S. high school dropout rate
d. The aging population in the U.S., Europe, and China
e. The rising price of oil worldwide

Thanks for your input ladies! These are really interesting questions.

proudmom2510

Asked by proudmom2510 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• OMG! I already did my own homework! Just wondering what everyone else thought! OMG!
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• How rude of you guys. I'm just asking opinions, NOT HELP FOR MY HOMEWORK THAT I ALREADY DID!!!!
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Silly girl. Ask your questions in a "genuinely curious" form and list them one by one.Not all on the same board. It would take too much typing for an individual to explain advantages and disadvantages on all five events at once.
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 4:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• OMG Do your own work! Yes they are interesting topics but you can't just post your homework online and take our thoughts. You can get kicked out of school for this.
    Anonymous

• It is an interesting question. However, the way you posted it lets everyone know its your homework! So, I have to concur with Anonymous above.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 3:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2011