Can you think back?

to any or all the pregnancy and baby books you read...did you actually remember it when the time came? And was there anything that wasn't in there that you wish was?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in General Parenting

• I never read any of the pregnancy and baby books. I joined websites that offered aritcles and newsletters or searched for the answer to my question on yahoo! or something like that. But I never spent the money on the books.
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I've read a lot of pregnancy websites and I've talked to hundreds of women on here throughout my pregnancy. I really think the stuff I've learned has helped...I like to know what's going on with my body, yanno?

I just wish that all books were more like Jenny McCarthy's Belly Laughs...I wish the books would give you a more straightforward answer instead of beating around the bush. The majority of them talk about how "Wonderful and amazing pregnancy and childbirth is, how you're going to become a mother, a shining beacon in a child's life blah blah blah". Yanno? In Jenny McCarthy's book, she talks about discharge and having to pee and what contractions feel like and having to buy granny panties. She talks about the REAL stuff we pregnant chicks go through, and I wish more books would do that.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I remembered everything but I have that sort of memory. I remember everything I read lol. It can be very annoying. Anyway yes there are things I wished were in the book that werent. Like making sure you have things for you at the hospital and beyond. They dont ever seem to emphasize having enough breast pads, pads, sports bottle, or cooking before you go to the hosp so you wont have to when you get home and are working on no sleep. Those are all things id suggest doing after having 5 kids. I tried to cook a few nights worth of dinners like casseroles and froze them. That way I didnt have to cook every night and everyone still ate.

Answer by gemgem at 2:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I read tons and tons of them and took the pieces that seemed to work for me. I don't believe in using a sole source for any kind of information.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I read What to Expect When You're Expecting... and I remembered alot! It really helped me.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I remember the books I read and they were plenty...but no book can ever really prepare you for what is in store. I have 5 kids and each birth was as different as they are. Now if they only came with instruction manuals!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2008