Is anyone friends with (or at least cordial to) their DH's ex?

jmpj8107

Asked by jmpj8107 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• why on earth would you want to be? your husband definitely shouldn't be speaking to her (unless a child's involved) and even then that's all that should be about
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 3:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My DF is still close friends with a woman he once was in love with. Things didn't work out and they parted because of distance more than anything. I'm still nice to her and don't feel threatened by her. She's really nice (overly religious for my taste) but a sweet person nonetheless. My DF once told me that without having had her in the past he would have lost hope of finding someone like me and he would have given up and shut down. So I'm happy she is still in his life.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My dhs ex fiancee used to call all the time. They did have a son together but he died (he was a premie). Apparently she used to call him monthly or more to tell him how great her life was, and about her sex life. He and I started dating and she was calling and I had no use for her lol. I told my dh I wasnt all that comfortable with her calling him but I understood if that was happening for whatever reason but absolutely I was not going to be friends with her. She stopped calling after a few months. Last I heard she had her kids taken away from her bc she was sleeping in the car with her drug addict bf.

Answer by gemgem at 3:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Yes. We are friends. We hang out. Our kids play together. Kind of unique situation here I guess though. They had no kids together. She had two young sons already when they were married. Her two sons are now grown & they come by & spend time here. They are friends with my older kids (I was married before as well). After they got divorced, she re-married & now she has 2 girls. My husband & I have 2 little girls as well. One of hers & one of ours are about the same age. We go to b-day parties, hang out, ect. I just went to her mother in laws funeral last week. So, basically, yeah I am friends with her.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 3:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I'm great friends with my DH's ex gf. He dated her for 3 years right before we met and we had a unique situation too... She got into an abusive relationship right after my DH left her and the new guy wouldn't let her have contact with anyone from her past so I never met her until about a month ago. We hit it off great and now we hang out all the time! She is quickly becoming one of my best friends and the fact that she knows my DH so well comes in handy because she has all sorts of different ways of dealing with him that I would NEVER have come up with on my own. I don't know where I would be in my relationship with DH if it weren't for her! Luckily, the two of them have a very platonic and non-threatening friendship now and our son adores her as well so it's a great situation :)
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 1:39 AM on Apr. 13, 2011