Drama or difference of opinion?

Afternoon ladies,

So most come on here seeking advice/opinion, why is it that we cannot give constructive criticism? You always get the blah blah blah, BUUUTTT ...waaahhh wahhhh waahhh. When I ask a question, I expect honest reply even if it's not what I want to hear. So, is it possible to give a difference of opinion and not be considered drama?

yesmaam

Asked by yesmaam at 3:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in About CafeMom

• The way I see it, if someone asks complete strangers on the internet a question about ANYTHING, they shouldn't expect an honest answer. It's the internet, for crying out loud. If a person can't take the heat (either the person asking, or the person answering), then they should stay the heck out of the kitchen, IMO. Or at least take a Midol...
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I've seen some mothers not get the answer they're looking for and completely attack the other mom. One lady was kinda pissy because this one mother called her out, and the mom needing advice went crazy, said that because 1) she's a pussy and posted anonymous. 2) She should have her kids taken away (just because he didn't get the answer she wanted)

I'm like "seriously?!?!?!" Those are the ones when I see they're ghetto, I leave them be lol

However, sorry to go off track, but no matter what, a large group of women...it's always "I'm right, you're wrong" type a deal (MHO) and vice versa so yes, it will create tension. It's just a matter of how moms will handle it.

Se la vi...
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• That's the thing, people aren't seeing opinions for opinions, and personally attacking others for their opinions. However, asking another question that was provoked by another post, or ten, could just be a constructive way of trying to get input on the situation, and get totally twisted into something else.

We aren't going to like everyone's opinion, but that doesn't give anyone the right to use words like idiot and so on, and call people worthless.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Bullying? Well, what do you mean by bullying? Trying to make a point isn't bullying.

The bullying I see on cafemom is, name calling, attacking someone as a parent, I even saw someone tell a woman to put her baby up for adoption because her spelling was bad.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Cauliflower makes a great gift!
    Anonymous

• You'de THINK we could, but sadly some women here are just looking to bash others and argue.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• IMO, yes, as long as the person answered the question to the best of their ability.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Rarely does that happn on CM.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Yes, but some interpret it the wrong way.

Answer by older at 3:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Of course it is. Most of the time it is not what we say but HOW we say it that distinguishes the two.

thecoffeefairy

Answer by thecoffeefairy at 3:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2011