Would your child drink a margarita by mistake?

A couple claims that at an Applebee's  restaurant their child was given a margarita in a kids cup instead of the apple juice they ordered. The child ended up in the ER, but is okay. He had a blood alcohol level of 2.2 though. My first thought was the parents spiked his drink so they could blame the restaurant. 

article

RyansMom001

Asked by RyansMom001 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• That sounds dreadful. I cannot imagine how something like that could happen.
    thecoffeefairy

Answer by thecoffeefairy at 3:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Yea someone crazy sue happy parents are looking to sue. Better still applebees has hidden survelience camera's so hopefully they will get caught switching the drink. The bar tended at applebees WONT put a mixed drink in a childs cup. No Way!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:56 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• At Applebees like many restaurants juice is only held at the bar. As a server you have to go to the bar and ask them to pour an apple juice in the cup for you.

Answer by gemgem at 4:00 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Yes, if it was in a cute restaurant cup with a straw he would. But he would probably also ask me "what is this?"

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Margarita mixer is extremely sour, I would think not. OR at least would have complained saying it didn't taste like apple juice.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I doubt they did. I used to work for a restaurant/bar and the bartenders would use the child drinks sometimes for left overs. if they got really busy a server could have picked up the wrong childs cup and served it.

Answer by gemgem at 3:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I read that & was a bit confused. The waitress/waiter had to pour it in a cup, a kid cup. And a margarita is NOT the same color as apple juice. At all. I've never seen an apple-juice colored margarita before.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 3:56 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Wouldn't you notice the difference between apple juice and a margarita? That is crazy!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:56 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I cannot see any restaurant putting alcohol into a kiddy cup.
    But, hey, sometimes people aren't completely stupid...
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I meant wouldn't the parents notice*
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2011