What would you have told her...lol?

The other day me and my dd were grocery shopping and went through the tampons/pads isle and my dd asked me what those were I told her remember what I told you what girls go through once a month well this is what you use you put it on your panties and wear it then she pointed to the tampons I said well these go inside she's like WHAT DO YOU eat them??? OMG! It was so funny the look on her face I just gave her a hug and kiss and told her I will tell her later on.
Thanks Ladies I just had to share...lol

Now to find away how to tell her about the tampons...eventually she will find out she's 8.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would have said they are things for mommies and you will understand soon enough.... and left it at that.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• LOL thats so funny. I just told mine they were insertable pads basically and many women used them because they found them more comfortable and allowed you to swim on your period.

Answer by gemgem at 3:57 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• lol GL
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Let her look at the insert that has a graphic picture of where you put them.

Answer by older at 3:59 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I seriously think you can get a brochure in the mail that explains it to young girls. I bet if you go to the website there's something to mail off for. That way you have like a way to start the conversation.
    Anonymous

• I would have said they are for nose bleeds! LOL But in all honesty I would have told her the truth but that they are for older women not girls who just got their period.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• At 8 my daughter saw them and asked me what they were. I told her. We sat down and had the huge conversation about her period and looked at diagrams of her body (she didn't even know there was more than 1 hole - sorry tmi!). She may need them within the next year or so anyway, I have several friends whose daughters have started at 9.

Answer by missanc at 4:10 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• lol. one day i was working on the computer and I heard my 5 yr old son beside me saying "i cant get it in there." when i looked over i saw he had a tampon! he took it out of the applicator and wanted to put it back in. i just told him it was mine and he could throw it away. lol
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 4:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My kids, even my son, knew about tampons much earlier than 8. Go ahead and tell her... there is nothing bad, naughty, dirty about it... it is just a natural part of life. That she too will deal with.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• my dd's call them mommy diapers...I have not gotten to the tampon part cause they have not asked yet...But i think I will just tell them that they are for mommies and when they get bigger i will tell them all about it .. I wouldnt want to scare them..I remember when i was around 6 or 7 I seen my big sisters tampon directions in the bathroom drawer and it scared me to death.....
    momofmonsters27

Answer by momofmonsters27 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 12, 2011