Grilling chicken breast

lol sorry this is a spin off of the grilling question and my whats for dinner question. my husband and i recently moved into a home and now are able to use our grill! we've only used it once this past weekend for hamburgers/hot dogs. my question is when grilling chicken breast (which neither of us have any experience with) how do you prepare them? do you rub them down with something first, or drizzle them with your favorite kind of sauce while on the grill? marinate them first? and how long would 4 really thick boneless breasts take? im assuming you can throw them right on the grilling rack, correct? thanks in advance!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Food & Drink

• My husband grills all tthe time even in the snow! Don't ask me why it's an Arkansas thing I think:) Anyway to keep his chicken from drying out he uses beer and BBQ sauce.Do you use a gas or traditional grill?
    BillieHolidae

Answer by BillieHolidae at 4:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I brush EVOO all over, season with Tony Chaceries, lemon pepper, and garlic powder, worchshire and siracha. Let sit for an hour. Grill for about 6 minutes per side. You can always test it with a meat therm.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• thanks ladies! @billieholidae we have a charcoal grill.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Depends on my mood. Sometimes we rub seasoning on them, sometimes we marinate for a few hrs before, sometimes plain, sometimes BBQ sauce on them halfway through cooking.
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 7:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Either a rub or marinate them.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 8:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• You can marinate the chicken after a good scrubbing to clean, I never marinated anything until I realized it was easy. Tons of products use can use, salad dressing, dip in either bread crumbs, if you are out of bread crumbs use bread, toast it good, and then crush it with almost anything, put it between wax paper or aluminum but wax is better, than smash it hard. If I do it right, I dip the chicken pieces in an egg beaten up so the crumbs stick, I use many spices, never realized how expensive these can be so again check for bargains and coupons. Garlic is a must when I do it and I found mixed spices for either beef or chicken which takes the guessing of how much of what out of the picture. If I can do it you can, go for it!
    chillywilly10

Answer by chillywilly10 at 11:29 AM on Apr. 14, 2011