Are you thrifty? If so, what are your secrets?

tastymama

Asked by tastymama at 4:20 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Shopping

• Don't buy what you won't use or don't need. Cook enough for 2 meals and freeze half for later (instead of wasting & throwing away). Consider having a budget & sticking to it, having a list and sticking to that, don't impulse buy. Also if you do use coupons, consider if it is a regular thing you buy or if it's just "a good deal" on something you don't really need.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 12:51 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I buy meat in the morning when it is cut down. I get my best deals there and stock up.

Answer by gemgem at 4:24 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Yes, I play the coupon game. I take it as a challenge to see how much I can save.
    juliemomx2

Answer by juliemomx2 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Never buy more than you need or can use in a reasonable time period. I plan meals and buy around the meals we are having, including what will be done with leftovers. It saves time as well. My youngest son shops too often and his pantry is a mess of doubles etc. I have suggested making a list of everything you have and meal plan around your list and try not to shop for a while until you have control of the pantry again.
    BethMcM

Answer by BethMcM at 5:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2011