If you are a SAHM...

do you plan to work outside the home after the kids are older?

jmpj8107

Asked by jmpj8107 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• No, but anything is a possibility.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 4:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• HELL NO.

I think teens need a parent at home too. My mother went back to work when I went into high school. I can tell you first thing there is a TON of bad things a teen can do, and clean up, between 3-6.

No... I am a sahm until the last is in college... that is another 10 yrs... and have already had this gig for 16.
    Anonymous

• Yep! I am currently planning on being home with my boys until my youngest is in kindergarten (which will fall of 2012), and then I will get a part time job while the boys are in school. I will probably go to full-time once they are both in school full-time as long as I can be off in time to get them after school :-)
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I'll go back to school once they do and once I have my degree I'll go back to work.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• No I am disabled right now maybe when I get better and have my degree in education. As it stands right now I don't plan on working when my son get older.
    UOPStudent

Answer by UOPStudent at 4:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I am a Work at Home Mom, so I have the best of both worlds.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• No, not really. I hope to get more involved at church and more involved with visiting people, having people over, etc. We'll see if I really have more time like I think I will! :)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Only if for some reason we begin to need to money badly. I like staying home. And my husband is happy I am home. If he suggested I get a job we would have to discuss it & the reasons behind it & see if it would fit into our lives or not. Just because a child gets older doesnt mean they need to you less...just differently. If they are sick at school and need to be picked up or need to stay home sick or need a mom for field trip, I can be that person..but only if I am not working.
    Anonymous

• No. I personally feel it is more important to be hom when the kids are teens than when they are babies so I will be here after school for them until they leave home. My husband is retiring at 50 so we will both be home for your younest two their teen years.lol
    Anonymous

• I work at home right now, but I'm also taking classes to become a certified personal trainer and nutrition and wellness consultant. We have a garage that was converted into an apartment and I hope to turn that into a small studio and continue to work from home that way
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 12, 2011