Why do ppl get upset when there's a spin off to another question?

Do you think its wrong to do that? Like if I post a question & then you go & post a similar question to see what the answers will be? Is that just continuing the discussion or is that being a bully or whatever?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• LMAO She's not referring to anyone in particular. OMG SB give it a rest.....your post is sooooo passive agressive. You are watching my activitly an awful lot aren''t you. It's so obvious.I already checked into it. And you use the term bully quite loosely as well, anon and as yourself. And didn't you just make a "drama" post yourself?

And just for reference, I was actually referring to five dfferent posts that were answered today, and two of them weren't even directed at me.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Well, there's a difference between a spin-off and the exact same question. I post spin-off's...sometimes a question gets me to thinking of something similar but not the same.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 4:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I think that means someone was intrigued by your question and wanted to keep it going most of the time.. BUT there are some that I can clearly see are just being full on TROLLS!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• As long as it's not mocking the other post, I see nothing wrong with it. I recently did a spin-off of "how did you look at 3 months pregnant?", with "how did you look at 9 months pregnant?". However, I have had people make posts in response to mine. I think it's kinda pathetic. If you want to address an issue you had with my question, do so IN my question. Don't try to be evasive and make an entirely new one just to mock me. That shows immaturity.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Sometimes I'll post a similar question, just to see what the answers will be. Not neccesarily to pull sides. But some people take it that way. Unless the question says it's about the one person, and is personally attacking them and namecalling, I don't see how it's wrong.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• But aren't we free to post whatever questions we want basically (so long as its not abusive to a member) even if it IS just to "prove a point" so to speak?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Sure, but don't whine your little ass off when you get called on it. (general you, not you or anyone else in particular)
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I don't personally post many questions but I do read a lot of them (and answer a few both anon & with my name depending on how I feel at the time) . It seems some posters just follow certain people around picking on whatever it is they are asking & taking stuff personally. I think if you get so uptight about what questions are here maybe you need a break for a bit! I also see non-questions..which are just mainly rants with no question & then the poster gets mad when you wonder where the question is!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Generally people do not get upset by spin off questions. But when someone posts and answer to a question that is not an answer at all, then when called on it calls the person a whiner, then makes a new post about the first post, people get upset.
    Then when the person that posted the second question states in the question that it is not about anyone on particular, then later on in the question specifically references that question and then argue with the first poster and anyone else that sticks up for that person repeatedly, people get upset.
    Then when they post another question about the first question to "prove their point" but leave out half of the information so they look right, people get upset.

Basically it has little to do with spin offs and more to do with "proving one's point" at any cost. And being rude in the process. I am not referencing one person in particular, it happens all the time with different people.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2011