When did your child move from the crib to a bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my sister in law moved her baby to the toddler bed when she was 19 months, but thats because he child is evil and BROKE the crib side OFF!!! she sat there and kicked it till it popped off!!
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 2:29 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My DS was 2 1/2yo. My DD was 2yo.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 2:36 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My daughters were both about 2 yrs when we moved them to toddler beds. Rule of thumb is when they can climb out to move them from a crib. I think a crib can hold a 36 month old, but rarely does a child not climb out before then
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 2:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My ds was 2 and a half. He never tried to climb out of his crib and was still small enough, but he started wanting me to read him bedtime stories. Instead of us cuddling up in my bed and reading, i put up his toddler bed (car bed). Now i can sit on the floor next to him and read with him laying in bed. He hasn't gotten up to roam the house or anything lol
    Anonymous

• i just switched my daughters bed the other night she is 2. let me tell you it was a good thing. before she hated going to bed (in her crib) but now that she has a "big girl bed" it's so easy to get her to go to sleep. she loves that she can get up and down! and she even makes it herself.
    karliesmom0506

Answer by karliesmom0506 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I moved the boys before they turned 2 because they were climbing out. The girl will be 3 in April and she is still in the crib. If she is still not climbing out by her 3rd birthday then I will move her anyway.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 6:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2008