I wish you could wish yourself into labor. any ideas on how to make that happen

i know it's pretty much impossible, and that it's not up to me but what the heck might as well give it a try

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I seriously had a midwife tell me once to make my child want to come out. She said relax, talk to baby, and tell her she was wanted. LOL it didn't work, but it was funny to try.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I wish!!I did Almost everything to get dd to come out. Walked everyday, ate spicy foods, pineapples, bounced on a birthing ball, sex, nipple stimulation ( dr mentioned it at my 40 weeks) nothing. Dd was " forced" out at 42 weeks. I'm not big on being induced, but my placenta had started to calcify. let your little one spend all the time they want in your belly hotel. Enjoy the kicks and jabs, you will miss them when you have your little one.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• And if you happened to wish yourself into labor and baby wasn't ready, how would you feel? Even at 40 weeks, you can't guarantee baby is done cooking. Baby may be a longer cooking bun. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I ate at at buffet and went into labor the next day. I tried using castor oil and having sex but it didnt work!
    k.raine

Answer by k.raine at 4:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• she is so crammed! my ribs hurt soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i know exactly how you feel, im barely five foot tall and my daughter was 22 inches i couldnt breath or move without feeling like i was going to break her foot because it was always under my ribs....hang in there it will be over soon!
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• @MamaSusie: That sounds like my mom's story of being pregnant with me. She is 4'10" and barely weighed 100lbs. I was born 18 days past her EDD and I weighed 8lbs 14oz and was inches. LOL She was NOT happy.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:21 PM on Apr. 12, 2011