What do u do when ur kid is zoned for a school u don't want them to go to????

i live in a really bad neighborhood and my son is zoned to a bad school. what do i do?

mommymtz

Asked by mommymtz at 4:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in

• Cry and hope that you can find a sitter in the other school district so that you can rezone to their area seeing as how that is where your child will go after school.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• See if they have any alternate schools

Answer by gemgem at 4:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I'm not sure...but I don't think there is anything you can do besides...move or homeschool. Maybe try to set up a meeting with the school board?
    Anonymous

• can you put in a tranfer and drive them to and from , get the transfer going now
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Home school or send him to a private school, or fill out an application to the school of your choice and keep your fingers crossed. However, you will waive any transportation arrangements in the last case, but it is worth driving every day to keep him in a good school.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 4:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I'm. Ot sure the rules in your area, but for us ( I live in northern Indiana) as long as we drive our kids and pick them up, we can choose pretty much any school without tuition. I'd look into paying tuition too if it was that bad.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• we moved.

I checked out the schools when my oldest was 3 and I didnt like the school we were zoned for so we started to work towards moving and moved before my child was 4.5.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the school we are in... it is one of the highest rated in the entire county and we have had a WONDERFUL experiance here.... btw... my child is now in 10th grade.
    Anonymous

• i know here in nebraska we can opt our kids into a school that we want them to go to. My son had a girl in his class that lives in a town that is 10 miles from us. she drives her kids to and from school but she would have the choice to have them picked up by the bus if she would like. The town that is 10 miles from me has 4 schools and parents opt there kids into schools they aren't zoned for all the time. Good luck
    sonsmom

Answer by sonsmom at 5:00 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• the transfer cost $1500 and thats only if the accept ur applacation and i am willing to drive him back and forth i prefer to with all the thingsthat happen on school buses..... and hes only 5 thes too young to be in a vehicle with out seatbelts and booster seat....
    mommymtz

Comment by mommymtz (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I'm in that situation as well, I'm going to use my mothers address.

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 5:38 PM on Apr. 12, 2011