Any good advice for getting rid of the binky?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Throw it away and wait 3 days for the crying to stop.
    Anonymous

• Thanks, but NO THANKS. (RE: 3 day answer)
    Anonymous

• just take it away, the longe you let them have it the harder it will be, pick a day when you know you arent going to be leaving the house for a day or so and as soon as baby wakes up take it!!

my son was only 3 months and we lost it, after about 4 hours of crying/whining he fell asleep for the night and woke up the next morning like he forgot he ever had it!!

good luck!
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 2:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• can you do what super nanny does? She makes up a real magical story about the binky fairy coming around and collecting all the binkys and have a glittery jar or box that your toddler can put ALL his/her binkys in her/himself.-if the child is volunteering to do it they are realizing they are saying goodbye to it. And then the next day have a special surprise for the child from the "binky fairy" or soemthing GL
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 2:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• my daughter's dentist said to cut the tip off. i was skeptical, but tried it that night, and my daughter wanted nothing to do with it. sure, she cried. i let her sleep in bed with me. but she got over it quickly, and hasn't looked back. i still honestly cannot believe that actually worked.
    Michelle451

Answer by Michelle451 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• we went to Build-a-Bear and let our son pick an animal - stuffed it with the filling and also took along 2 binkies - explained the bear needed these more than Riley did - at bedtime that night, when he asked for the binkies, we reminded him they were given to bear (which we let in bed with Riley) - he seemed to understand and hasn't looked back :)
    princesskiwi79

Answer by princesskiwi79 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• With my oldest, we cut the tip off. She knew it was broken and couldn't use it. She cried for a bit but was over it.

For my twins, we just got rid of it. I thought we were going to have a screamer of a night but actually it wasn't too bad. You may be surprised at how ready they are.
    M4LG5

Answer by M4LG5 at 7:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2008