If you have been blocked by someone, do you think it's okay to answer their questions?

Yes? No? Why? Thoughts welcome? :)

I was just thinking, if you block someone to keep them away from you, why in the world would you want to show up on one of their questions?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I thought once you blocked them you couldn't see them and they couldnt see you like facebook.. odd, learn something new everyday
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I think I've been blocked by two people, one of which I haven't seen post in forever. I actually forget why I ever blocked her, lol. The other usually only posts in categories I don't frequent. I was the one to block them first, though, so it's hard to tell if they actually blocked me bc I think that once you block someone, it becomes mutual.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I guess it's "okay", in terms of not being against Cafemom's rules. However, if I was blocked by someone and knew about it, I would not answer her questions, unless it was an accident, like I didn't realize she was the poster. That's just me though--I've given up trying to figure out why everyone else does things the way they do.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:05 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Yes the blocking is mutual. But it doesn't apply in the answers section. They can even get your transcript!
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Its best not to to avoid conflict but if you answer civilized I don't see why not.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I guess I never actually answered the question, lol. I wouldn't personally answer their questions, but I wouldn't really care if someone I blocked answered mine, as long as they weren't harassing me. And even then...I'd probably just laugh it off. That's just the kinda girl I am. Can't take anything too seriously on here, ya know?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:08 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• sure its a free country
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• so..if you've blocked someone from your profile, they can or can't see you anywhere, or just your profile? i thought if you blocked someone (or they blocked you), it just kept them from seeing your profile....

how do you know if you've been blocked? do you know?
    so many questions.....
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:20 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• how do you know if you've been blocked? do you know?

Anytime you block someone, you are automatically blocking yourself for them as well. If you want to know if anyone has blocked you, check your own privacy block list and see if any names are there. If there are names, and you didn't block them first, they all blocked you. As for what it blocks, not much at all, really. It prevents you from sending a pm or commenting on their journals. That's it. Groups and answers are open like normal, and anything on your page that isn't set to private they can still see by using workarounds or logging out.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I don't think many people pay attention to who asks what questions until after it's been answered. So if someone blocked me or if I blocked them, of course I would still answer their questions if it is one that interests me.

Dulll- If you block someone they cannot see your profile, and cannot post on your journals, photos, or Chatterbox. If you ar in groups together then you can still post and reply to one another in groups and also in answers. To check if you have been blocked go to your privacy settings and click on "Blocked users" since cafemom incorporates a dual block system if someone blocks you then they are automatically added to your blocked list as well. If there is a name under your blocked list that you didn't add, then they had blocked you.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:57 PM on Apr. 12, 2011