What if your morning sickness lasts untill 12 noon?

It's difficult to eat breakfast in the mornings. I ate some saltine crackers and later could not keep that or any water down. I took a nap till 12 noon. I know I should eat breakfast but it is just so difficult. Any help???

innocent10

Asked by innocent10 at 5:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Mine lasted 24 hours a day. :-(
    SO, I just tried to eat whenever ....it was tough. But it went away at the 4th month.
    DOn't worry about it---you can eat when you feel like it and you will be fine! Good luck! Happy baby!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• try to stay in one place for an hour to let the food sit some and make sure you are taking your prenatal at night. even if you throw up your baby is still getting something from what you ate.. eating is better than not for the little one
    Anonymous

• I had morning sickness ALL day, EVERY day for 5 months. I couldn't keep anything down. I still ate, but did so in small portions and ate slowly hoping I kept it down. By 5 months of losing weight my doc was ready to give me meds to help but I stopped and gained weight the last 4 months.

Try small portions, eat slowly.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Don't have any suggestion I got sick 24 hrs a day 7 days a week the whole pregnancy...............Labor was wonderful, never the less I never got pregnant again. Hopefully it will get better for you all pregnancies are different. GL
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 5:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Just eat when you can & what you can at this point. Its not hurting the baby unless you dont get any liquids at all....dont get dehydrated. Crackers seem like a good idea because of what you hear but they never helped me. I just puked them back up. I used to eat frozen strawberries (yes still frozen). Try drinking clear very cold liquids also. Try sucking some hard candy (preferably lemon flavored). If it gets so bad you cant keep anything down for a day or more, contact your dr. you can get something to help.
    Anonymous

• Thanks, I'm glad I'm not alone. :)
    innocent10

Comment by innocent10 (original poster) at 5:21 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Don't worry... mine was constant during my first pregnancy!

Your best bet is to eat smaller things throughout the day... and I found that if you eat what you're craving, you're more likely to hold it down. Try to eat healthy, but if you're craving something junky... eat it. And, if you eat smaller things, you'll of course spend less time over the toilet because there will be less to throw up! Drink lots of water too... that way if you eat something that does make you sick, it won't hurt coming back up because it'll be watered down.

And, hopefully, it'll ease up at some point.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 5:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Eat in small portions and dont force it. I had mourning sickeness all day for the first 3 months, it was hard but will get better.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i had Hyperemesis Gravidarum in my last pregnancy. had to take zofran if i didn't couldn't eat anything lost 30 pounds in 1 trimester. if it gets to the point u cant eat anything talk to your dr. if u get to dehydrated it can affect the baby.
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 12:48 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I have a small teeny baby bump, Not too worried about losing allot of weight. Excited for next monday :) My big ultrasound and everything down below is getting checked.
    innocent10

Comment by innocent10 (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2011