First cops are spraying 8 yr olds with pepper spray now squirrels?

Police officer in Texas sprays a small little squirrel for being to aggressive. Seriously? He couldn't have just walked a way from something a size of a baseball? Thought this was funny so I wanted to share.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/10/police-pepper-spray-squirrel-baby_n_847098.html

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 5:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• It wasn't a baby squirrel. It was a red squirrel, adult. They can be evil little shits. I have them all over.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• And if he had, and it attacked and bit a student people would be so pissed at the cop. Just because the squirrel is tiny doesn't mean it can't do damage. He didn't know if it was just trying to get food. He didn't know if it was going to bite someone. And, it ended up just fine. The cop just can't win, can he?
    As for the one that sprayed the kid. Again, what if your kid was in that class? Geez...the kid knew exactly what he was doing. And that he can get away with it. He repeatedly threatened to harm and kill people in that class. He was physically aggressive and was throwing large objects. Had the cops used physical means of subduing him, he would more then likely wiggled and fought and ended up with a broken bone.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• OMG...LMAO...at all the women SCREAMING whenever the squirrel made a move...

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• 'evil little shits' LMAO!!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I can see why they pepper sprayed the kid he was threatening people. If they had done nothing and he harmed another student then we would hear why didn't the police do something. The police can't please everyone I suppose.
    Anonymous

• Um, my dh was attacked by a squirrel. There was no walking away, that little bastard charged and chased him right outside our front door. They do have claws and teeth. There was no provocation either. It was nesting in our apartment under the roof outside our door. It leaped at him when he went outside. I wouldn't have pepper sprayed it, given the chance I would have drop kicked its ass.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• A squirrel is a member of the rat family and has teeth just like a rat. They can get mean and bite.

They can crack open a walnut with those teeth,

Would you want one to bite your kid?

The cop did the right thing.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Um, what cop do you know carries a box? He was thinking fast. And, how handy are you with tossing a box on a squirrel that is coming at you? LOL! Now, I'd LOVE to see someone do that!! I mean, that's a great idea, in theory. In practice? He's likely to bet bit.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Me too. They eat my tulips and dig all over my garden. One jerk dug all my iris bulbs out of my planter on the porch over the weekend.

I have problems like that too. They tear up my bird feeders and one attacked a chicken. They ate through the wall of my feed storage shed and had a field day in there.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I posted about this the other day. So many moms posted that the cop as justified because the little squirrel probably had rabies. I watched that video several times and I don't anything but a big fat bully cop. I didn't read about the pepper spraying a 8 year old, but the cop in this video was just being a jerk.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2011