Formula issue

hey. if you have a healthy 2 months old,that spits up after each feeding just a little bit,has colic here and there,gets very gassy,does that mean he needs a special formula or a regular milk based? trying to find the right formula for my little girl and can not decide which one?
she seems to like Gerber with probiotics,but she spits up and passes a lot of gas. which formula should i try???

crouse3

Asked by crouse3 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Enfamil Gentlease, my son was the same way.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Try a gentle one. My DD had the same problem ....switched to a gentle and no more problems and she happy and healthy 13 mo.....if you too worried just call the Ped. He will know your situation better....but that should do it
    Good luck
    MamaRudolph

Answer by MamaRudolph at 5:24 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My daughter had the same problem I put her on Netramgen (sp?) and it helped a lot espeically with the colic.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Good Start (Nestle) Gentle
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Have you had her checked for reflux yet? My nephew had those same symptoms and he had reflux. He was on soy formula with a little bit of cereal ( to weigh down the formula) and had to be propped up for 30 minutes after each feeding. He was perfect after they switched him!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• im giving my baby good-start u may need to just get a sensitive version of whatever formula your using .. it helps w/ the gas.
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 12:45 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Nestle Good Start Gentle is what I used and never had any problems
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My duighter who is 4 month has severe reflux, allergy to most formulas and baby sleep apnea, shes on a monitor. She has been on 6 diff formulas since she was born. We were adding rice at one point to thicken it. She has been in and out of the hospital for it. Recently a friend of mine, her daughter had a problem and told me to try formula called elecare...it works wonders. My daughter is on a few meds for her breathing and reflux.
    jessduncan77

Answer by jessduncan77 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 15, 2011