Angry baby

My son is a wrestler. He likes to tackle me and bite and hit me but he doesn't do it to his dad. I tell him no but it seems that that just fuels it. He's the biggest sweetheart and most of the time he doesn't do it but when he does it worries me. Should i be worried? Anyone having the same issue?

KathyWilson

Asked by KathyWilson at 2:29 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Biting and hiting are baby habits that need to stop as your child becomes a toddler. Have you tried Time outs yet? I started TO's with my kids at 18 months for 1 minute...it took a while for them to work but once they did it was very effectiv e for this type of behavior modification. Good luck!
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 2:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My grandsons the same way with my dd. I would do time outs and also try redirecting his attention to a different activity you know he likes other then being aggressive. You can also try taking him around other children so he can learn from them whats acceptable and what is not.

Answer by gemgem at 2:36 PM on Dec. 1, 2008