Were you ever surprised to find out you were pregnant?

We hadn't been trying and my cycles were waaay off. I didn't even think of taking a pregnancy test until I was nearly 3 months in.

jmpj8107

Asked by jmpj8107 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was 3 months before the test said Yes! I was shocked as hell because I just figured I wasn't after so many negative tests
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• every time but not that surprised LOL
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 5:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• yep especially with my son since i was still in high school
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 5:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Yes! With my dd. I had been having crazy cycles for almost a year, and actually found out at an appointment with my dr. About regulating my cycles. I was 6 months along before my crazy periods stopped! :) ( i was almost 5 months when I found out with dd) and my dh kept telling me the kicks I felt were gas bubbles!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Yes, thought I was having periods turns out it was just spotting (my periods are light and short anyway) I was 4 months before I found out with my first.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 5:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• was i!! i'd broken up with my then-bf a few weeks earlier, i was sitting having a beer (#3, i think) and chatting with an ex-ex-ex-ex-bf..when something he said triggered me to wonder 'when was my last period?'....we went to walgreens, tested, and whaddaya know? it was that guy who convinced me to go ahead and tell the father, too. we've been married 6yrs now (my ds's dad, not the ex-ex-ex-ex-bf).
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i tried concieving for almost 6 years...and gave up i am now with a new guy who i have been with almost 2 years and i didnt think i could get pregnant when i found i was pregnant i cried n cried i couldnt believe it....i now have a beautiful babygirl...thanks to the lord
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 5:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Yes both times..... but it didnt come way out of left field....ya know what I mean?
    MamaRudolph

Answer by MamaRudolph at 5:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Not really. We were kind of trying for a while but then we gave up and decided just to wait. A few weeks later I realized I was late for my period (I don't keep track) so I took a test for kicks and whaddaya know. Can't say it was surprising just wasn't expecting it anymore.
    Anonymous

• Yes, and no. We ran out of condoms, decided we'd trying the pull out method that night, and needless to say, one night of unprotected sex and here's my baby boy haha. I guess some things were meant to be and I can't imagine life without my boy so thank goodness for spontaneous stupidity! I have my tubes tied now so hopefully no more surprises.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 5:35 PM on Apr. 12, 2011