Is he scared of the potty?

My 2 year old will not use the potty. We've tried a potty chair and a potty seat on the big toilet. He will sit on both, but will not use it. He tells me when his diaper needs changed, but not when he has to go. He even takes his diaper off and wipes his own butt! We use pull ups during the day. He gets the concept - he tells me that his trains went poop but did not use the potty lol - but he will not do it. It's been about 5 months since we've had him sit on the potty and he still has yet to use it even once! Is he scared? What else can I try?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I always took the diapers and pull-ups off during the day because my 3 DSs would do that too. This part of potty training is never easy. Be persistent.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 5:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I think my 2.5 year old is scared too...he's showing all the signs of being ready to get potty trained but......as soon as I sit him on the toilet or potty....same thing....NOTHING happens.....and he thinks it's very funny when he pees on the floor while I'm changing his diaper .....grrrr....
    MommyOK

Answer by MommyOK at 8:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Good Luck with that
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:33 AM on Apr. 13, 2011