My baby is 4 months old and he is still not sleeping through the night.Any advice?

How can I help my baby sleep through the night>

Mat7Mommy25

Asked by Mat7Mommy25 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My kids didn't sleep through the night for a while..be patient and talk to your ped about it if it is becoming a concern to you. I believe my son was 6 months old before he slept without his 4am bottle and my daughter BF'd mostly at night so she didn't sleep through the night until around 8 months without at least one mid-night feeding.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 2:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My daughter is almost 10 months old and still does not sleep through the night (she did for four weeks when she was about 10 weeks old). Our pediatrician told us that after about 6 months, just don't go to them. They cry because they know you'll come, not always because they are hungry, etc. It's really hard to do, but eventually they'll start sleeping through the night.
    lebrbria

Answer by lebrbria at 2:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• my sister in laws baby is 20 months and she still deosnt sleep threw the night... she doesnt go to sleep till like 3am then she gets up like every hour crying or playing and making tons of noise, i hate going over there cause her baby wakes my baby up!! the only advice i can give you is make a schedule and stick with it!!! your baby will catch on!
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 2:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Some kids don't do it for a LONG time. I expected to be in your situation, but my guy decided to start around three weeks (it's ok to hate me). How long will he sleep for? Why is he waking up?
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• This is the dirty secret of the first year. Babies don't sleep "like babies".
    What to do about it?
    Well, you have to look at how old your baby is and you have to decide what you will do when she wakes. Do you leave her to cry? Do you comfort her but not feed her? Do you feed her? And once you make a choice, you have to be willing to change your mind and reevaluate as the months go by. You may not be willing to let your 4 month old cry but you may be willing to do so once she's 10 months old.
    You also have to recognize that different developmental stages will cause nighttime problems - learning to crawl or walk causes night wakings, getting teeth and having a cold will too.

There is no one-size-fits-all. You have to pick what you think is right for YOU and give it a try.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• the best thing i learned for that is to keep him awake alot during the day! my son did the same thing around that age and i just annoyed him and kept him awake longer when he would wake up for a nap during the day he may get fussy or mad but he will sleep through the night!! and another thing is if he stays up longer then he doesnt take as many naps. my son goes to bed around 8 sometimes 9 and i never let him take a nap past 330pm so from 330 till then he is exhausted and will want to sleep!!
    RomeoButtlerMOM

Answer by RomeoButtlerMOM at 4:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2008