What type of meds can i take for my mild asthma symptoms?

tina701

Asked by tina701 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Health

• they have nebulizers if he doesn't like the inhaler
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 5:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Singular is usually the one they start with but some people with mild asthma respond well to Claritin which is an OTC now. If the problem is inflammation a low dose of Advair can work really well.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 5:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Ones prescribed by a doctor. Asthma should be properly diagnosed and managed by a physician.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I'm not a Dr, and these are not curse or a way to fully manage asthma.
    That said, my husband suffers from severe asthma. He started taking fish oil pills and those have helped a lot he doesn't struggle as much as he used too. I mean, he still struggles but there has been a noticeable change.
    Also, he sips on coke when he starts to have a little bit of trouble with his breathing. Sugar is a natural muscle relaxer and sipping the coke helps to relax his air ways enough for him to catch his breath and not have to resort to his inhaler.
    Since he has had asthma all his life he knows his body and knows when these simple tricks will be enough or when he has to go to his inhaler or nebulizer.
    Speak with your Dr as well they will have other options to help with managing your asthma.
    Anonymous