Have you ever heard of the hcg drops/diet?

I have heard about it and was thinking of starting it because no matter what i do i cannot lose the extra weight on my thighs hips and a little bit on the belly... have you heard of it or done it? what do you think about it? it makes me kind of nervous just because i have not heard that much about it

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 5:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Health

• I seen it on our local news so I researched it. Yea people are losing weight but only eating 500 calories a day. They are starving their bodies. The shot just helps them not feel all jitter after not eating any calories that day. So of course they are going to lose weight. I am trying to lose weight myself but I think i'll do it the old fashion way. Eat right and exercise. But if you want to do go for it. Hope it works for you. Good luck

jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• It isn't healthy for your body. It is far better to control portions, watch calories, carbs, and exercise.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• There's lot's of bad press about it being very dangerous, and even life threatening.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• It is a VERY hard diet. Three family members of mine have been on it and did very well but it is hard. You only eat 500 calories a day and there is not a lot you can eat.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 5:56 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• When my local pharmacy started advertising it I thought maybe it was worth looking into. I know a few people who have lost weight with it, but I still wanted to know if it was really safe. I checked out the Mayo Clinic website and found the review there discouraging at best, but I wanted to know what my doctor thought about it. I called him, and he said it wasn't safe for anyone.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Way too dangerous to even attempt
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• A couple of my co-workers (some are nurses) tried this diet and they have all lost a nice amount of weight. One of them in particular lost about 30 pounds while on it, and she looks fabulous. The interesting thing about it is that she looks nice and toned, no flab or excess weight that is often left when you lose a large amount or weight without exercising. She is a diabetic and has said that her blood sugar levels were better while she was on the diet than ever before. I was told by all of them that it isn't too hard once you get past the first several days, the drops help suppress your appetite.
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 6:07 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I know someone who tried it because she was determined to lose about 15 lbs- after about a week or so she quit- and she was super excited about it when she started...I think she was feeling like crap so she stopped

They were talking about this on the doctors show- and said IF you do it-get it from a doctor...not any over the counter stuff that there is no guarantee what is in that vs the stuff that is perscribed- and your doctor can moniter you that way as well
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• @ charlotsomtimes- my coworker that had the great results on the diet did get it from her doctor and shared the information with others.. I forgot to mention that. Good point.
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 6:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2011