Feeling overwhelmed with children - can anyone help me out with natural family planning?

I have 6 children who range from 0-9 and I am worn out. I do practise natural family planning as my husband and I do not believe in contraception but unfortunately it has not worked for us so far. I follow my cycle and I have used a book before and I did not cheat at all so to speak - I followed it to the letter. We do practise periods of abstinence but my husband believes that that is almost a form of contraception when not being used for a reason such as post-baby bleeding. I knew all this before I got married but I did not expect to be so fertile and to get pregnant while breastfeeding still. I am just tired right now and feeling so worn out and stretched. Does anyone have any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• Are you against oral sex or using toys on each other that doesn't incolve penetration? Maybe that would give you a pregnancy break.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 5:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I will suggest that Bugzmomma, thank you for your response.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• HUGS :)
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 5:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• no advice , your not going to abstain or use bc , so you'll be pg till menopause.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I agree with bugzmomma... if neither of you believe in any form of contraception then perhaps you should avoid actual sex and please each other in other ways.

Anonymous

• 6 kids 0 to 9 - I am tired just reading that ... *good luck!! and Hugs*
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• No letstalk747, I'm looking for tips on natural birth control. Perhaps someone could suggest a better way to monitor my cycle or speak from experience that many be different from books. We are abstaining right now and it is starting to put some strain on our relationship because my husband is a religious man and feels bad and as if he's going against the grain. So I'm looking for other's experiences.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• There IS nothing else besides abstaining or BC so........?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Ummm,daily OPK's????

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:56 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• well you could have sex only on your period or test your ovulation then you will know it is safe and you can get those at just about any store
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 5:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2011