Has anyone tried DDAVP for bedwetting

My Daughter who is 7 has a chronic bedwetting issue. She has never been dry a day in her life (everything else is totally normal) We have done all the "normal" things for treatment even went the holostic route and nothing helps. Just wondering if anyone has tried DDAVP the side effects scare the hell out of me....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• This is a link that discusses several drugs for this condition  http://www.kidney.org/patients/bw/BWmeds.cfm    Have to admit I had to google to even know this was a drug. 

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Also found this site. Did you try this?  http://ramseycoote.com.au/site/

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• We have tried it. My daughter is 8 and has never had a dry night. We also went through everything, including waking her up 3 times a night and somehow she was still wet in the morning. She was on the medicine for two months with no side affects. She was still wet 5 out of 7 nights so we just let her go back to pull ups.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 6:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My niece used a prescription nasal spray to help with this but it wasn't until she was 9 or so. It varies all over the place when a child will have the bladder maturity to be dry all night. I know kids who have been 10 and older when it finally happened. She'll get there.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Our son was soaked every single night til he was about 8 or even 8 1/2. I never tried anything except limiting bevs at night and just used pull ups and corssed my fingers. it worked, the finger crossing I mean. they just grow out of it. my friend used the alarm thing, but really, it didn't cure him, just woke him so he could do in the night. they need to grow a bit. funny enough, my bedwetting son, who is 15 now, is on the slower end of puberty - i winder if there is a correlation??? My younger son never wet the bed and went through major puberty at 12. hummmm.
    got2boyztoo

Answer by got2boyztoo at 7:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• They just grow out of it. My step daughter is 8 going on nine and still wets the bed. I've tried everything, li icing drinks 3 hours before bed time, waking her up, making her wash her own sheets...nothing works. So for my sanity, and to not ruin sheets and a mattress i still by her pull ups. Her side of the family bed wetted until 9 and 10 years of age. I assume she will out grow it then. I'm not big on giving mess to them. Her mother already gives her ADHD medication. Good luck
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2011