• In the Spotlight:

How old was your child the first time you took him or her to the movies?

Momtocccd

Asked by Momtocccd at 2:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in General Parenting

• Depended on the child. Anywhere from 3-5 yrs old depending on their attention span and ability to sit and watch a movie and stay interested.

Answer by gemgem at 2:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• TO the movie, for THEM to see one... probably about 3 or 4. I remember taking Andy to see Ice Age when it first came out, and he couldn't have been more than 4.... and then I laughed all the way through it watching Andy watch Ice Age... because he "GOT IT" and he giggled his infectious giggle every time something silly happened. I was worried about taking him thinking he would be too noisy, but he was well behaved. I also took the whole gang this summer to see Pirates Who Don't Do Anything (VeggieTales) and Matthew was only 2, and he did great then too... but then again, it was 'Pirates'... His favorite style of cartoon anyway!
    You have me curious..... why do you ask?? :D
    Mom_of_7GEMS

Answer by Mom_of_7GEMS at 2:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My oldest was 3, I took him to see Pooh's Heffalump movie for his birthday. I was afraid he wouldn't sit still or be quiet, but he did great.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 2:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I think Dylan is ready to go, but only to movies directed at his age group. He loves car chase type movies at home so DH thinks he would like them at the theatre. I disagree. He watches the car chase parts, then wonders off til the next time. Besides, there is alot of other stuff in those movies I'd rather not expose him to.
    Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 2:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• my mom took my oldest to horton hears a who, i didnt think he was ready since i can get him to sit still for even 1 min, but my mom said he was great. he 4 btw.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• 3
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My daughter was 3 y/o and my son was about 2 1/2. They were both so excited that they didn't make a peep (other than laugh) and didn't attempt to get up -- both things I had explained they weren't allowed to do. Now that my little guy is 3 1/2, I am really wanting to take him to the movies too, but he has a fear of loud noises, so I'm afraid he might "lose it".
    jjamom

Answer by jjamom at 3:39 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• He was three years old and wanted desperately to see the latest Disney movie that was out; he fell asleep after about 20 minutes. I didn't take him again until he was about 5-6 years old.
    Anonymous

• DS was 3 when we tryed and he didnt last so the next time we took him he was 5 but dd was 1 and she did great we have taken her to the movies alot
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 4:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My son is 2.5 years old and has seen at least 6 movies in theatres. He loves it. We took him to his first (Happy Feet) when he was about 6 months old and he loved it. The last movie we saw was WallE and he was about to turn 2 and absolutely loved it then too.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:24 PM on Dec. 1, 2008