Homework

How much time do you make your teen spend on homework/studying after school. Do you check or does your child ask you for help or to go over it

xoYanksGal2xo

Asked by xoYanksGal2xo at 6:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• They are teens... I dont MAKE them do their homework... that was back in elementary school when we were training them.

They are now responsible for their homework... not me.

They know that we will pay for college if they get in, they know that they are welcome to live in our home while going to college, and they know that if they throw away an opportunity to an education that they must move out and get a job... and will probably have a life of minimum wage.

It is thier life... if they choose to be failures that is on them.  I have set them up with all they need.

Anonymous

• We had homework time after supper and it took however long to get it all done. Until they were in high school it was done at the kitchen table so we were close by to answer questions and make sure it was all done.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I created good study habits early on in school so by the time they were in high school they were on their own, and did great.

Answer by older at 7:12 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My children AUTOMATICALLY come home, get a snack, and get to doing homework. There is no forcing as it is a habit instilled in them from the time they started Kindergarten.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:05 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My daughter spends between two and six hours a day on homework. She knows that her grades will determine where she attends college.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• every time
    mommyof3-2008

Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 10:10 AM on May. 25, 2011