Clingy 14month old!

My daughter won't let go of me! She's fine if I am not in the house but the minute she knows I am there she clings to my pants and cries and screams until I pick her up. I never experienced this with my older child. He of course had his moments but never this bad. She wants to be held ALL the time. I can't even put her on the floor next to me while cooking, she has to be attached to me! Any advice?

tobys.mommy

Asked by tobys.mommy at 7:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try to enjoy it pretty soon she will want nothing to do with you.......

Answer by older at 7:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I know its hard but she will outgrow it so enjoy!! She is adorable!!!

SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 7:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Make her your big helper for everything!  Folding clothes, loading the dishwasher, loading the dryer, vacuuming, stirring something for a meal, dusting, anything and everything.  Prasie her when she does things right.  Sit on the floor with her and play.   This is what worked with my kids and the little oneIi take care of.  GL!

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:24 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• She's a cutie, by the way!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Thanks for the advice. I try to include her in everything I do but if I put her down she just starts screaming and clings to me until I pick her up. I can't seem to distract her with anything! I can't even go to the bathroom without her banging on the door..haha. Hopefully it is just a phase.
    tobys.mommy

Comment by tobys.mommy (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Mine is going thru the same thing, I have read that it will pass but it has been going on for a few months now. Some days are better than others.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Enjoy it while it lasts before she starts pushing away
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:32 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• going though the same thing i enjoy it expect when im trying to do the dishes or cook then its just annoying. And also I can distract her with anyhting no matter what I try
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 2:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2011