How can I get my daughter and husband to bond?

I feel so sad asking this question but my husband doesn't hardly spend any time with our 7 month old daughter. I know he works 6-7 days a week but is that really an excuse? He says he is to tired at the end of the day from work to deal with her. I work to and do 100% of housework, bills, grocery shopping, but I still make time to feed her, play with her and read her a story before bed. I am exhausted by the time I get to bed but I feel happy knowing that I spent some time with her even if its only 20 mins here or there. He can't even put her down to bed when I am sick because she hardly knows him and all she does is cry. I want him to have a better relationship with her then he had with his dad, but at this rate she won't want anything to do with him by the time she is a toddler! Any ideas on what I can do to help him bond with her now before its too late?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• ya..some men are just lost with babies..I felt like that too when my daughter was that young. I felt like my DH was only good for her sleeping on him to take a nap. He also works 14 hour days...all different hours...well, she's 2 1/2 now and when he's home, I don't exist. LOL! She has turned into a daddy's girl...probably b/c she doesn't see him as much as me. I am with her 24/7 so I can understand...just be patient and maybe give him one thing to do with her every night...tell him you want to take a shower and he needs to read her a story, etc....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:40 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I don't know what to really tell you exept that when my triplets where little my husband didn't know what to do w/ them. As they got older it changed sometime men working men don't have patients for small babies bur as they get older it changes. Now that mine are potty trained and can talk he's so into them afain ..it changes. Good luck!!!
    triplettmama06

Answer by triplettmama06 at 7:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2011