Pregnancy nightmares?

Hi just wondering if alot of you are or did suffer from alot of nightmares while pregnant? I dreamt I had my daughter and she was trying to stop breathing so so now im paranoid to name her what I want because that was the name of her in my dream as well. Silly is it?I also had another nightmare where my mom was lying on the ground infront of the gas station and cops were everywhere then today there was a crow in the spot of the place where my nightmare took place I know it sounds silly but it all makes me super worried. Any ideas on how to not be a worry wart? I also suffer from ptsd (post traumatic stess disorder) maybe talk to a doctor or quit over thinking it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You're not alone. I had horrible nightmares when I was pregnant. They were either really gory or about something bad happening to my DS. Just know that they are just dreams. I know they can seem real or like something is trying to warn you. I had a dream very similar to the one you had. It never came true though.

I think the reason the name that you had for her was in the dream was due to the fact that you have been thinking about it. If you notice, most dreams contain at least one thing from your real life. It's our way of connecting to what is going on in our lives.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 8:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• What amberdawnbarr said.
    I've been having horrible nightmares of Zombies... I've had nightmares of zombies for years but now that I am pregnant they have been more vivid, gory and violent. And have now been involving kids or babies when before they didn't. -shudders- it sucks.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 8:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• if you are really worrying about your dreams talk to your dr. Otherwise they are just nightmares. I had one recurring nightmare with all 4 pregnancies. DH cheating on me, with the exception of one pregnancy where I cheated on him. This is not an issue nor has it ever been with him. I don't have any previous experiences with cheating or being cheated on so they were really strange. The first time it happened I woke up and hit him, woke him up and then cried. He laughed at me and assured me it was just a dream. When I had the one I cheated on him I woke up crying as if I had really done it. He laughed again and asked if I was thinking about really doing it, NO, so he said don't worry about it then. lol
    My last pregnancy I had some really strange dreams that I couldn't even begin to describe. They were disturbing but thanfully not an issue anymore.
    Hope you have a good sleep tonight!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 8:35 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i am 14 weeks and every morning i wakeup with the weirdest night mares they could be horrible things that happen to my family or just completely off the wall
    wifey000175554

Answer by wifey000175554 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 13, 2011