Can anyone tell me how to make a "no sew fleece blanket"?

I just learned how to make a "no sew tutu," and it was really easy and turned out soooooo cute for my 15 month old. We are using it for an outfit that she is wearing in her Holiday photo card that we are sending to family and friends.

However, now that I have done it, I want to do more stuff! It is so fun to make things, and I don't have a sewing maching or a ton of time on my hands.

I have a baby boy on the way, and I would also love to make some throws for some friends and their babies. Thanks in advance for your help!! Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!

SummerBug

Asked by SummerBug at 2:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I know how to make them, but I can't explain it for the LIFE of me. Here's a link I found on google, it explains it pretty well :D I LOVE these blankets, they're so awesome! You can make them as big or as small as you want, for babies or for adults.

http://www.justmommies.com/articles/no-sew-blanket.shtml
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• You buy coordinating materials and cut slits along the borders about 1.5-2 long about every inch apart. then lay the material on top of each other (wrong side to wrong side) and just start tying the slits together.
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• 1.5 - 2 INCHES?? apart?
    SummerBug

Answer by SummerBug at 3:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• long. cut about 1.5-2 inches in, for the slits. outside to inside. the slits should be about an inch apart
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Okay... I get it now, but how do you make sure that the two fleece sheets stay together? They just do? LOL... I'm such a rookie!
    SummerBug

Answer by SummerBug at 3:27 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i've been trying to figure this out myself! i went out and bought the fleece for a blanket for my best friends baby and i just sat there staring at it for a while, like HUH? lol

how did you make a no-sew tutu? or where did you find directions? my niece LOVES tutu's and i wanted to make her a christmas one but have NO idea how to!
    MammaHota

Answer by MammaHota at 3:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I use two yards of fabric.
    Cut a square of each fabric that measures from 56" to 58" square. This measurement should be a whole number. Remove the selvages (fabric fray)

Place the squares over each other, wrong sides together.

Cut a 5" square from each corner.

To cut fringe, lay one piece of fabric on the floor/table, and then fold the 5" to be fringed back.

Cut fringe 1" wide and 5" deep on all sides.

Using a overhand knot, tie the front and back fringe together.

Do this all the way around the blanket being careful not to stretch the fabric

You can find the no-sew tutu instructions on YouTube.
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• You can use big safety pins to make sure they don't slide around on each other. Then, when you are done tying the sides, take out the pins. What a fun craft! My students made one for me with the substitute when I had my son 3 years ago. I love it so much!

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I love making these. The best part is, if I screw something up(uneven fringes,ect) the blanket will still look great when I am done. I also use pins to hold the fabrics together.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 1:01 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Thank you so much!! So cool! I can't wait to do this!
    SummerBug

Answer by SummerBug at 1:46 AM on Dec. 2, 2008