Dose anyone has child has bad excema?

My doughter has bad excema and I'm so sick of using steroid which makes her worse after she uses. I know there is no medicine for this but if anyone has some idea and don't want to use steroid for your child please tell me about your way. Thank you.

Omocha

Asked by Omocha at 7:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Health

• We used vaseline and creams with lanolin in them
    have you tried removing dairy from their diet?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Ds has it. We use hydrocortisone cream. .5% on the effected areas and aveno everywhere else.he only gets baths every 3 days or so,u less he needs one sooner.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My doctor recommended slathering her with crisco after showers. Yes, crisco. I put some in a glass dish so that I wouldn't feel quite so trashy with a can of crisco in the bathroom.

This is more prevention that for flareups, though.

My DD has had horrific eczema (cracked and bleeding elbow and knee creases, etc.). We have been managing it pretty well for the past few years.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 8:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My youngest had it bad as a baby. I would bathe her and before I dried her off I would lather her up with Eucerin lotion and let her air dry. The wetness helped her skin absorb the lotion better and for her face I had some cocca butter with vitimin E. I kept that in my purse for those really cold winter days her face would chap.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:56 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My son has it bad I had to get meds from the doctor.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2011