Ugly Stockings!?!

It's a tradition in my husband's family that either his great aunt or his grandma made felt stockings with tiny glued on accessories for each of the family members. His aunt passed 2 years ago, but Great Grandma is still here. They are made with a good heart, but please forgive me, the stockings are so ... ugly. I've gone with this because it means so much to my dh, but my kids don't like them and complain each year they want a "normal" stocking. It crushes him/his family when they say this, but I can't blame them either. How should I handle this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Holidays

• Let them make the stockings and get seperate stockings the kids choose themselves. Fill them both with goodies. Maybe put candy in the hand made ones and other goodies in the ones they chose. Tell your dh its your own family tradition you are starting because you dont plan to carry on making the felt ones later.

Answer by gemgem at 2:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• LOL
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• That's sad. The fact that the stockings are ugly is no excuse to let your kids hurt their father and family by being ungrateful... you should teach your kids to appreciate them for all the work and love that are put into them. Because THAT is what Christmas is about... not "cute" stockings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Dec. 2, 2008