How do you not give up?

My SO is having alot of family and personal problems since Januaray. I just had son in February. I have been dealing with a lot to. Therefore it is causing us to fight more. Over STUPID LITTLE things.. Until the kids come into play, we get along. I feel like I'm going crazy. I know the love we have is strong. But he is scared of God knows what, I would never hurt him. But he is being so distant because of the issues, and it is killing me, I'm trying my best to give him space. I love him, I just get so discouraged sometimes, I miss my bestfriend!! What are some things you do to keep sane, not give up on your other half, and not lose hope?

BraydinsMommy09

Asked by BraydinsMommy09 at 8:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Show him that you posted this for strangers to give you advice because he means that much to you. Something so simple could really help that much! Good luck :)
    since_3.18.93

Answer by since_3.18.93 at 8:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• you said it he have problems with his family. Don't become a problem to him, Bring him closer to you. Plan a date Get someone who can take of your child while you guy go out and have a good time.
    zip10469

Answer by zip10469 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I go and TALK to him.  Be honest about your feelings.

Answer by louise2 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• You said it you fight over STUPID LITTLE THINGS And you know is they are so STUPID is up to you to fight about it.
    ITS TAKE TWO TO FIGHT!
    GOOD LUCK!
    zip10469

Answer by zip10469 at 8:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• We do talk about it over and over. It's the same everytime. And I wrote him a letter that he loves. But he still is choosing to push away. Its not killing just me, but all 3 kids too.. I try daily to tell myself it wil pass and get better, but after four months, I wonder. He seems like he loves life when all five of us are together... I just don't know. We tell each other about what we ae gonna do when we are eighty (like hde each others dentures and so on) joking of course. But the present is so hard to get by....
    BraydinsMommy09

Comment by BraydinsMommy09 (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I hate to fight I try not to, sometimes its okay to fight it is normal, but not daily..
    BraydinsMommy09

• You could plan a whole day out with kids when he is home. Give the time to find himself alone at home. Im sure he will miss you guy. Hopefully will help him to wake up.
    zip10469

Answer by zip10469 at 8:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• He probably just needs to figure it out on his own terms. Maybe you just need support him and let him talk while you just listen. Best wishes sweety.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Thanks but I listen alot and I support him in all his choices. I always have and will. It's just killing me to be pushed away like this..
    BraydinsMommy09

Comment by BraydinsMommy09 (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• About the fighting Pick your battles. Think before you react to something. "Is this worth fighting over".

Answer by louise2 at 7:16 AM on Apr. 13, 2011