Silent Treatment

If you and your SO are mad at each other and decide to give each other the silent treatment at the same time....who usually gives in first?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 8:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Married close to 19 yrs and that never came up. I guess I feel he's entitled to my opinion if I'm upset with him LOL
    since_3.18.93

Answer by since_3.18.93 at 8:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• ROFL Funny - I always feel like my DH is entitled to my thoughts, too. LOL Married 20 years in a few months - good thing he just lets me talk sometimes.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 8:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I do. I'm always the first because I hate fighting with him.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 8:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• it depends on what were angry about. something i think is stupid... me. something he thinks is stupid.. him. i usually give the silent treatments more tho.
    anthonys_mom21

Answer by anthonys_mom21 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• him! lol
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• LOLOL on the very rare occasion I go silent it's not 8 hours and he's kissing my ass and trying to suck up to me. My hubby knows me very well, and I dont get med, I GET EVEN. .
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I usually get silent when I'm mad, but always the first to speak about it when I calm down.
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 12:06 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Me! I wish I could make the silent treatment work, but when hes being quiet to (probably just enjoying the silence!), all of these questions and statements just BURN inside of me! How dare he give ME the silent treatment, I am obviously right, and I must tell him all about it!! LOL
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 12:17 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Neither of us because we don't use the silent treatment with each other. It seems pointless and a waste of time to me, and it seems like it could cause more problems if you're already arguing. if we get into the heat of the moment, i'm usually the one that says stop and lets take a few minutes apart to cool down and thing about what we're arguing about. usually after a half hour or so we've both thought about it and we're more able to compromise and be civil with each other.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 12:27 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• We don't do the silent treatment. It doesn't accomplish anything and only breeds feelings of anger and resentment.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 12:57 AM on Apr. 13, 2011