Why are some people okay with.........

Americans using food stamps even though they can afford a nice house, clothes, go on vacation, but they are NOT OKAY with the us military to to help the Iraqi people just so they can stay safe, much less be able to pay food?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Personally I think its because people can't see what's going on in Iraq. If people saw what really was happening, they would definitely be okay with the military staying there and Obama probably would not have won, that's for sure.
    Anonymous

• Please let the haters start answering to this one..SHOULD I PUT DIRT ON MY FACE AND WEAR MISMATCHED CLOTHES TO GO USE MY FS CARD SO THAT I WILL "LOOK" LIKE I DESERVE THEM?
    Anonymous

• Because Iraqi's don't count as "one of us". That's the mentality, along with English being the only language here. I totally support the US going somewhere else to help enable the freedoms of a suppressed society.
    Americans want to know "what is in it for THEM" meaning themselves.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My aunts are on food stamps and they can't afford any of that... They are diabled and just about ready to be homeless.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• seriously.. im on assistance and yeah i dress really nice!!!

but i shop at thrift stores majority of the time.... its called caring about what you look like no matter what. it also helps your self esteem and just makes you FEEL better.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• There are many uneducated people in our country who dont understand politics or why we are in Iraq because they arent paying attention and dont want to. They go along with the crowd and do whatever someone next to them is doing. We also have a very ME ME ME oriented society who cares only about themselves and not about what the effects of their actions might be. I see alot not just about food stamps but stimulus checks asking when do I get another one? I dont think we should get anymore because you know what? Our parents? They didnt get them and they still somehow managed to get by. They didnt leave US a huge debt to pay off why are we doing that to our children?

Answer by gemgem at 3:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• kelso you can look nice and dress second hand stores. It how you carry yourself, if youre clean and what not. I had to do it myself and always managed to look nice because I combed my hair, wore makeup and was clean.

Answer by gemgem at 3:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I guess there is a difference in that some people would be okay with helping people in this country, but not necessarily helping people in other countries at our expense. I don't know how many people on food stamps have nice houses and fancy vacations....and I don't really see where the connection is anyway between these two things. I don't have the answers....but I think it is important to start with a question based something comparable in the first place. I think the answer to this one might be in priorities. For example, most people would make sure their own bills are paid and everyone in their family has food before they begin to donate money or food.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 3:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

I guess you could also say there are the ignorant ones who refuse to even hear one word the supposed ME ME ME crowd is saying because this crowd only really is SUPPOSEDLY just striving to get those stimulus checks huh?
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 3:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• How is one even connected to the other?
    dhhaj

Answer by dhhaj at 3:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2008