Where do you buy your children's clothes?

For the longest time I have bought all my daughters clothes at Gymboree and Gap. They seem to be the only ones that fit her right. She is a super skinny eight year old who could wear a five in the waist but needs about a seven in the length. Does anyone shop anywhere else where the quality is good? I refuse to buy poor quality clothes.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I shop at Kohl's, Old Navy, Crazy 8, Children's Place, Macy's or JCPenneys.

I like nice quality but they are more often outgrown before they are "worn out"!
    MamaMia9999

Answer by MamaMia9999 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• We like Wal-Mart and Target for regular school and play clothes. See no point in spending a ton of money on clothes when she won't be able to wear them in another six months because the weather changes and then when the weather gets back to where she can wear them, they are too small.

If it's something special, we usually shop JCPenney.

We are simple folk. LOL
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• So does high quality equal name brand for you? Just wondering because I know people that refuse to buy anyhting NOT name brand...and I think it's silly. I also have a very tall and slender 8 yr old and we get his pants in multiple places, even walmart. They make the elastic in the wasite that you can adjust to fit the child. I don't need to pay $10 more for pants with a name brand on them. We also shop garage sales, thrift stores, Target, and Old Navy.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 8:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Target, Gap, Old Navy, Kmart (sometimes), but I would say mostly Old Navy. Kohls is good, too.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 8:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Ugh, I realize I had typos, lol.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 8:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Old Navy, Children's Place and there's this store called Crazy 8's, it's a sister store of Gymboree, just a bit cheaper. I recently discovered it in a mall near where I live. And always try TJMaxx and Marshall's. If I'm in the mood to look, I find really great deals on good clothes (Calvin Klein, Kenneth Cole, Carter's)
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 8:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• children's place and target
    Anonymous

• Costco has a very limited selection of Hanna Anderson outfits at about 50% off the online sales price. I got two outfits and a dress for $14 each. They were on sale online for $29 each.
    Target has a selection of stylish and quality clothes. It is important to be very selective.
    I usually get a couple outfits from Twirl and Twig. If we are lucky people get these for her as gifts.
    I am able to get fantastic clothes at garage sales too. Beautiful outfits for $2.00 that cost $30 new.
    I find my biggest problem is shoes.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• No. quality does not always mean brand names. However, I have found that a lot of clothes don't fit her right. I have tried many different brands. I buy most of her clothes on sale at Gap and Gymboree. She does have some Old Navy shirts but the jeans look baggy on her. I will also shop thrift shops. I have found lots of both brands there. I just want chothes that fit her right and don't look hoochie.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• WalMart, Target and second hand stores. No point spending and arm and a leg for clothes that they'll outgrow before they wear them out.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2011