Do you feed stray cats?

we live out in the country so I will feed cats that live around here, they are caught fixed and released back into the neighborhood to control skunk, snake and other odd pests.

zoejains_momma

Asked by zoejains_momma at 8:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I feed stray cats all the time befriend them and fix them then let them loose again, so does my daughter. Not only does my daughter do this in her neighborhood, but she is helping on a daily basis after work to find homes for them before they get euthanized at our local shelter.

Answer by older at 8:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• That's very nice of you. Kudos.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• We have one outdoor kitty who comes everyday for a little food and love.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 8:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• We dont feed em. They dont do anything about them here in the country in SC. If you feed them they hang around, and tend to spray stuff which stinks and they are always fighting under your window when your sleeping. Outdoors IS NOT the place for domesticated animals like cats. Nor should it be acceptable to dump your cat in the country thinking it's instincts will keep it alive. The coyotes eat the stray around here.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i agree vbruno. we leave the cats outside to do what they do and they will either vanish or become regulars the neighborhood adopts and feeds
    zoejains_momma

Comment by zoejains_momma (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• older, your daughter is my hero of the day.. what a champ!!
    zoejains_momma

Comment by zoejains_momma (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I would if there were any around. I have 4 cats of my own, all strays or homeless.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:42 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• we don't have any strays around here that i know of. i have in the past, and i adopted them afterwards if they were not wild
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Zoe, just recently the local shelter had a break out of distemper, they needed to find homes for over 400 animals, and that was just dogs, they needed to get rid of all the animals so they could disinfect the place, that meant that most of them were going to get killed because there was no way they could have people adopt that many in such a short time. Well my daughter paired up with at least 10 or more different rescue places and by the end of the week everyone of those animals were fostered or adopted. She is my hero as well, this woman has so much love for animals, she often tells me that when she is at the shelter and sees people turning in their family pets knowing full well their chances of being euthanized are high, she realizes she likes animals much better than people sometimes.

Answer by older at 8:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Yes, I feed them. I can't see an animal starving.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2011