I'm so damn lost...

What do I do here ??? My BF proposed 2 yrs. ago. We have been together for 4 1/2 yrs. He walked out on me in the middle of the night several times,got past all that garbage. I don't wear that ring anymore,he says he still wants to marry me. I asked him the other day to go to the court house to get a marrige license which is pocket change. Well to my susprise he has other plans for the day but wanted me to pick him up later in the day to get one. Now he won't answer his phone nor return my calls. I love him with all my heart and soul. Right now I feel lost,alone and very confused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• Tell him to mam up and take the leap or youre leaving. If hes serious about marrying you he will man up. If he isnt then he wont.
    Anonymous

• There is nothing wrong with you being very clear about what you want in this relationship. I would be concerned if he seems to be procrastinating. You don't want to be in a relationship and certainly not in a marriage with someone who isn't into it. You deserve to have someone who cares.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 3:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• be blunt and ask him what he wants. and tell him to tell you what he feels, not what he wants you to hear. no purpose in wasting your time being strung along by someone if they dont want to marry you.
    NATTY567

Answer by NATTY567 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I agree. It's time to reevaluate the relationship and ask him where he wants it to go or if he just wants it to remain as is.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I am thinking he'ss just trying to avoid the whole ideal of marriage. Either he's scared or he likes things in the "status quo" manner that it has in the past. What you need to now do is decide how long you want to give him to drag his feet and you waste your time. I would suggest sitting and discussing the future with thim and what will become of your relationship (marriage/or separate)...then make a decision and stick with it. Good Luck!
    DivaE

Answer by DivaE at 4:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• You both have to want to be married in your hearts, if it will last.I know you love him.Maybe you two don't want the same things out of life.You need to get him to tell you what he wants.And then make your decision from that on how to proceed.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 4:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2008