Mini pill

I'm taking my mini pill (the one for breastfeeding moms) and I want to get some feedback from other users. I take my pill religiously at the EXACT same time everyday. I even have an alarm go off everyday at that hour. Everything is good, except it seems like I'm starting a full on period even though I have been taking it for just a week. It started today as brown spotting, and now there is more of it and it's getting more red in color. Has anyone had this nasty side effect? Did it happen during the first days/weeks/month of starting with the mini pill?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how far post partum are you?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I had my period while taking it within the first week. I also had a reduction by about half in my supply.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• It's been 3 months since I've had her. I started taking the pill a week ago and finished my last period before the pill about a week and a half ago.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• yes the mini pill works but its not like real birth control, on the real birth control u have ur period at the same time every month but on the mini pill its come when ever it wants, last as long as it wants, and just does whatever it wants! ive been on it for 14 months! i get 2 periods a month sometimes or no period sometimes its 4days sometimes its 7 days! its stupid! i cant wait to b done breast feeding so i can get back on a real birth control and have some order in my life! so yes its prolly a side effect!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 12, 2011