Have you ever used online marriage counseling?

Either through Skype, chat, or over the phone?

We can't afford to see a therapist in person, but I think we desperately need it, and online is cheaper. It just seems strange to me.

I'm open to other suggestions as well.

No, we are not religious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• There are also plenty of marriage counselors who use a sliding pay scale based on your ability to pay/income. We are in the same situation and in our area there are DOZENS of counselors who either do pro-bono work (free) or super cheap. All it takes is some research :)
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 1:27 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I wouldn't but actually.. you can do them through the church and request that they leave god out of it
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:42 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• zoe....I did not know that. thank you. It has been decades since I last set foot in a church for something other than a friends wedding :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• NO, I would be through in my research and back ground check of the counselor.
    juliemomx2

Answer by juliemomx2 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I didn't even know that existed
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• ShainaMay, I am having trouble researching anything in my area. There are counselors a plenty, but I can't find any who even do a sliding scale. Is there some search term I am missing? Or a main therapist directory? lol. I feel so lost in all of this. Thanks for your help.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Apr. 13, 2011