Do you think the US will/should do anything about the violence on the Ivory Coast? adult content

The video is graphic footage of Christians being burned alive.

CAUTION------VIDEO IS VERY GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING

http://www.blip.tv/file/4984261

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 9:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• This is shocking to me. I wish I had an answer, but I honestly feel with our military in 140 countries right now, and France and the UK complaining that they have to take the lead on Libya (I wanted to punch the whiners right in the face, waaaaa, so sorry your global bully boy can't come over and fund it all for you.....but I digress) I think we need to pull back, and let the world take better care of itself.

We have enabled the world to cry, "Waaaaa! They took/did/said XXXX" and we are right there with troops, money, and A Plan.

No more. We are falling apart at the seams. I am so sad and sorry for this - but we have GOT to stop stepping in. We are bankrupting ourselves for a world that doesn't care or appreciate us. Time to stop, and let them stand on their own.

I know, wishful thinking.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 10:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• No. We just can't do anymore, and we need to leave Pakistan as of today, and Libya too.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• We should pull ALL our troops back home and use the BILLIONS they spend on the war EVERY MONTH to fix all the problems in the US. Just like in Nature, America, or any other country, should be SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• no. America needs to stop playing earth police. there are a lot of things in this country that needs our attention like the cults where 13 and 15 year old girls get married to these old perverts in the name of religion, the crack problems especially in the black communities hence the crack baby epidemic, the illegal mexican immigrants, the meth problem in Oregon and Hawaii, the crypts and the bloods in black community etc, etc.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• We have our own dang issues to deal with here. I don't understand how we can even worry about that right now
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Good question. We go in if Muslims are being harmed, why wouldn't we for Christians? But we are stretched kind of thin right now.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 9:10 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i yhink now that they have the SOB the violence will stop
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Stop buying the products they pander too-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i agree we are stretched thin and I don't think we should go in. I am still trying to figure out just WHY we had to go into Libya though.
    yourspecialkid

Comment by yourspecialkid (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I agree that we need to fix our problems at home and stop putting bandaids on everyone elses problems.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 12, 2011