For you coffee drinkers...

Two questions. First, if you buy your coffee at the grocery store, do you leave it in its bag, or put it in a container (like a tupperware)?

Second, do any of you keep your coffee in the freezer? I saw two of my friends doing this...does it keep it fresher? Opinions?

CollegeMommy121

Asked by CollegeMommy121 at 9:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Food & Drink

• As a former barista and roastery employee, I can say that keeping your coffee in the freezer or fridge is a no-no. Coffee absorbs odors. Keep it in a cabinet, away from light. And preferably buy whole bean and grind as you need it.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:22 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I keep our Espresso in the freezer and the regular coffee stays in the can it comes in. We go through it to fast to worry about a fancy other container for it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I left it in its bag or put it in an empty can. Yes, putting it in the freezer does keep it fresher longer.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i take it out of the bag and put it in a stainless-steel container, with a locking lid. there's no reason to put it in the freezer; we go through it weekly.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I leave mine in the bag, just clothes pin it closed...and my mom puts hers in the fridge and I swear its weaker than mine which I keep in a cabinet, lol.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i have 2 containers that i leave out on the counter, one is shorter than the other and they both come with a wooden spoon. the short one is for sugar, the tall one is for my coffee =) and it stays pretty fresh in there. i go through a package a week though! never heard the freezer thing, but i would imagine it would work.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I put my coffee in an airtight Tupperware container. I used to keep my coffee in the refrigerator until I read that keeping it at room temperatue is the best.
    catsmom1993

Answer by catsmom1993 at 9:12 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I have the big plastic Folgers container I refill and yes I keep it in the refrigerator not the freezer. It stays fresher longer. But it goes so quick at my house it doesn't have time to go stale.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I keep it in a tupper waer never left it in the freezer.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I buy my coffe in a container and keep it in the fridge.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2011