Will your toddler do things for others that they won't do for you?

My 15 mo old DD is so rotten sometimes. She spends 3 days a week in daycare and two days with my mom. At daycare and with my mom she will do things like point to her eyes and say "eyes" and nose, and do patty cake *more than just clapping her hands*. But she will not do any of that stuff for me, and she says words for them that she won't say for me. I will try to get her to do something and she just shakes her head no and walks away! Does anyone else have this problem? My mom said I was the same way with her, I wouldn't elt her teach me anything.

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son is the opposite.. he does all his tricks for me and daddy but when we try to get him to do them for other people he won't... he makes me look like a liar. I guess it just depends on the child.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:12 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Haven't had that happen yet. She is however a perfect angel for everyone else.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:12 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• my 15 month old dd is completely opposite, she does all the funny/fancy tricks for daddy and me but will not for anyone else unless they've been over for longer than half an hour. i guess it takes time for her to warm up. she does, however, behave so wonderfully for my mom and my mil. she is a little booger for me.. i swear i tell that child no to the same things 100 times a day and i even get a little sass-back from her. she's all kisses and hugs and smiles for everyone else!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• DD does act different with her daycare than she does for me and my mom! she will throw temper tantrums with my mom, but she's never as much had a single little fit at daycare. She says she is just the perfect little angel!
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Listen !
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:28 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I'm a SAHM and my 15mo DS is usually the sweetest little thing but mealtimes have become a pain in the butt because he loves flinging his food on the floor. Of course, he only does this when I feed him. If it's my DH or my MIL or either of my parents, he's content to keep all his food on his plate. It drives me NUTS.
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 1:44 AM on Apr. 13, 2011