Am I OCD or is there something else wrong with me? adult content

I'm going to try and exsplain this short and sweet, so bare with me please.

When I become stressed I do one of two things. I either eat my feelings or I start habbits. I've been working on the eatting but now when I'm stressed the habbits are getting worse.

Before I had DD it was really bad. I couldn't eat skittles or m&m's becasue I had to sort them by color, size and the according to the color wheel. I never thought it was a big deal until people caught me at work and I became known as "color code" There are other things too. Like how my groceries go on the convyer belt, how certain things in my house have to put on a table acertain way, and how the clothes in my closet have to all go in order by size and colr, then they have to be hanging to the right. Nothing that is destroying my life really but stuff I don't want DD to pick up.

The worest one is probably the writting. When I get really upset at myself. I write words or phrases that describe how I feel at the moment. Like today, I have a few things that are really stressing me out and I'm starting to feel over whelmed. So I sat down and started writting because I felt I needed to.By the end of it I wrote 6 pages front to back and scribbled all over them. They said things like lazy, POS,bitch, I hate you, Your worthless, no one care, take you out with the garbage because your trash.

I hate doing by I feel the need sometimes like I just have too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Health

• You have mild OCD, yes, but its not really harmful, you can stop it if you really try.
    As for the writing....normally writing out your feelings is a good thing (like a journal) but what you're writing doesn't seem right or helpful to you at all and kind of even sounds a wee bit bi-polar (more people are bi-polar than you think!). I would talk to a professional about the writing, it should be dealt with soon, before you start to truly believe those things about yourself and become that person (not a good thing for DD)
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Oh honey, I know how that feels. I have MILD OCD, as far as organizting, sorting, and cleanliness goes. Everyone praises me for being so organized and clean, but it takes a toll because your constantly stressing about the time your wasting organizing your sock drawer AGAIN for the 8th time, or stressing about how nothing seems good enough no matter how organized and clean you get it, and that stress just adds to the problem and makes you want to do more. Its frustrating. Mine isn't life-consuming either, but it does bother me. I do the same thing with the groceries on the conveyer belt, and sometimes I have to fight with myself to let other people bag them, because I bag them a certain way. Your not alone, and your not crazy, and your DEFINITELY not lazy, a POS, or a bitch or any of that. See if you can look into some counseling, that's what helps me. I am not on meds cause I'm able to control my impulse for the most

contd
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 9:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• part but talking to someone sure does help. Good luck, personal message me if you want to talk more about it :)
    CollegeMommy121

• bi polar? I thought that was when people have severe highs and lows?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Bipolar is highs and lows, but everyone reacts differently to it. I usually stay depressed, and only get manic once a year or so. It sounds like OCD to me. I have it, too. I would talk to a therapist about it.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 9:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I just read some stuff online about bipolar and bipolar type 2 does sound like me. I just don't know about going to a doctor about it. My DH will probably just think I'm reading to much into myself. And I really don't want to tell him about the writting. Can't I just manage it or something? My friends bf just got diagnoised and he had to try 3 diffrent kinds of meds. The one he's on now makes him kind of a zombie. I don't want that either.??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• To manage your symptoms, you have to figure out why you do it, where its coming from, what your triggers are for those types of behavior, etc. Going to a psychologist (not the kind that prescribes drugs, I don't blame you for not wanting to be on them and I have never taken them, either) will help you figure all that stuff out. Unless you know why your doing it and what the triggers are, you won't be able to manage. Going to these appointments consists of you just talking with them, they will ask you questions, you answer honestly and eventually you both with start to see a pattern that can help you know when your feeling the need to do these things, and provide you with alternative things to do. Know what I mean? That's really your best option, and it has changed my life with this condition. Just try it out and see how it goes.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Sounds like a good idea but I'm nervous about even just thinking about it!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Its okay, I was too. But it helps so much! After the first session you will feel better about it.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Thanks Collegemommy! Now just to bring it up to DH.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2011