Anyone else feel down?

I've been feeling so down and blue this afternoon. I was so happy earlier this day and as soon as I got home all I feel like doing is crying. My baby even took his binkie out his mouth and tried to put it in mine lol( he's 9 months). Could it be post partum still?

anthonys_mom21

Asked by anthonys_mom21 at 9:12 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Health

• Yes... I feel down alot. But it may have to do with my health, my situation, and my past. Tomorrow I have my first appointment with a therapist. I am glad that I am taking a step forward. I encourage you to seek what will make you healthy and happy. Life is too short and we all carry potential to be awesome. :)
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• What make you thing is postpartum? how long have you being felling this way?
    zip10469

Answer by zip10469 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Maybe you are just having a down day? Sometimes when the day is done and over and we start to unwind it is when our mind starts to let everything out. Maybe you are just tired. Is this something you have been struggling with for a while?
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I've always felt sad even before I had the baby, but lately I've been feeling it more than usual and today it just hit me hard. I've never felt this sad before without any real real reason.
    anthonys_mom21

Comment by anthonys_mom21 (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• if you think it may be postpardum there is no harm in at least talking with a doctor or nurse to see if you should seek medication or even therapy. Also keep in mind that people tend to get cabin fever once spring starts coming around the corner. It is proven that vitamin D which you get from the sun helps with depression
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Maybe a chat with the doctor would be a good idea. PPD can last a long time and you can go in and out. I would surround myself with things that made me happy on days I was/am down. Hope tomorrow is brighter for you.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2011